There are many studios around and all of them staffed by teachers skilled and trained in dance. We understand that so it is fair for you to ask why you should learn at Destine Dance, and not somewhere else. This page will explain just why. Take a look at the testimonials and examples of others who have learned here and then read about our philosophy to see why Destine Dance is the ideal place for you.
Testimonials and examples
Clint's Salsa classes* are a great way to learn the fundamentals of this fun and sociable dance style. He is incredibly patient and skilled at teaching all levels .... really enjoyable.
*Clint is a teacher at Destine and Salsa is one of the styles we teach
Wedding and couple's dance lessons
Watch the video to see what Lauren and Tobias had to say after their first lesson at Destine Dance.
Case Study: learn to dance in 6 weeks
This is an example of a couple who went through one of our programs. They then became regular students. It's an excellent example of what you can achieve when you come to Destine Dance.
A mastery of teaching and dance
To dance well you need a dancer skilled in teaching. This is where Destine Dance excels. We understand that everyone learns differently and we also understand the attributes you need to develop so you can dance well.
Destine Dance has:
Destine Dance has:
- An understanding of learning styles
- Knowledge on how to identify your learning style
- Knowledge on how to encourage the right learning style for each aspect of dance so you learn faster
- The ability to use inner game techniques to increase your ease and joy of learning dance
- An appreciation for the origins of dance so you can feel confident you dance well
- Expertise in physical conditioning to help you gain excellent movement quickly
- A collection of techniques to help you with any aspect of dance you worry you might struggle with: timing, confidence, movement, posture etc.
- A focus on guiding your practice outside of class so you can progress with speed and learn cost effectively
Dance: from learning to doing
You want to learn to dance, but you also want to dance as well. That means you need a studio the offers you outlets to use the dance skills we will give you. To give you this, Destine Dance runs:
- Social nights with friendly comps so you can socialise with other students
- Medal nights where you can be certified to confirm your dance ability
- Showcases at all our events so you can create your own routine to show to others
- Open nights so you can meet other students and people from outside the studio through social dance
- Outings to social events in Melbourne so you can enter the local dance community with people you know
Dance for what you want
Destine dance covers many styles of partner dance and offers a structure to help you progress effectively. We encourage you to follow an established path that will give you a broad base of dance and focused development. This will allow you to learn all forms of dance and progress you most effectively. However, we also realise that dance is for you. Therefore, we can accommodate you as much as is possible to give you want you want, which we also know can change. Because we want it to be about you, and we are ready to help you get what you want, Destine Dance is the perfect place for you to learn dance.